Our Management Team
President & CEO
An experienced software engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit, as VELOXITI’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Larry Lafferty has a strong zeal for the development and deployment of intelligent systems.
As a leader and key contributor to numerous U.S. military R&D efforts spanning three decades, Mr. Lafferty has developed intelligent systems for nuclear treaty monitoring, served as Lead Engineer for a multi-agent system aiding fighter pilots in air-to-air combat, engineered collaboration toolkits for Special Ops planning teams, and created Air Campaign Planning tools for the first Gulf War.
After serving as technical advisor to the U.S. military’s DARPA Joint Forces Air Campaign, Mr. Lafferty founded SoftPro Technologies in 1999. Through this venture, he applied his military experience to lead the development and deployment of commercially viable intelligent systems, which included the creation of Prescient™, a diagnostic and monitoring program developed in conjunction with Intelligent Agent Corporation to save millions of dollars for the oil and gas industry.
With advanced degrees in both English and Computer Software Development from the University of South Carolina, Mr. Lafferty is renowned for creating collaborative engineering environments, being a team-oriented communicator, and guiding his team of brilliant engineers to use their ingenuity while solving difficult challenges for VELOXITI clients.
DID YOU KNOW?
Before earning his graduate degree in software engineering, Larry was a college-level English teacher, before that he was a music major. Look up eclectic on the web and you’ll see this pic. If given an opportunity to live his life again, Larry would race in the Tour de France.
LT. COL. JOHN MERRIHEW (RET)
Vice President of Government Solutions
Mr. Merrihew has served as the Principal Investigator on a dozen different Artificial Intelligence projects in the US Army in the domains of data analytics, operations/intelligence fusion, UAV automatous operations and human terrain. John Merrihew is a retired Lieutenant Colonel Army Aviator who served 24 years in the United States Army in numerous positions. He is a 4 time combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom with 113 combat sorties and over 1300 combat hours over Iraq. He had command and staff positions at multiple levels in the US Army. He served in Infantry, Field Artillery, Aviation (Cavalry, Attack and Lift). John has extensive practical combat experience in intelligence fusion for warfighters at the tactical edge, data links, and Joint Operational Planning for Combat Operations.
- Merrihew John W. LTC US Army Aviation “Tactics, Techniques and Procedures for use of Moving Target Indicators by BCT and below in support of OIF/OEF” Secret (2008) Joint TTPs Air Weapons School Nellis AFB, NV
- Merrihew John W LTC (R) US Army Aviation “S-6 Associate Unified approach to building and managing Network Operating Environment within context of tactical missions and other warfighting functions” MILCOM Nov 19-21 2013
- Merrihew John W, and Eric Drucker. “Situational Awareness Fusion Enhancement (SAFE) Aid SAFE Aid a man-in-the-loop evaluation is part of an Aviation Development Directorate – Applied Aviation Technology Directorate (ADD-AATD) Phase II Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) project AHS International 69th Annual Forum & Technology Display May 21-23, 2014 Phoenix AZ
- Merrihew John W, Veloxiti (S) “Stochastic Risk Assessments for Man-Machine Communication” Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) phase II project for ARO. National Geo-Spatial Agency Washington DC 28 October 2014
- Merrihew John W, Veloxiti, Association of the US Army Washington DC, AUSA Innovation Corner TRADOC Technology Imperative: Grow Adaptive Army Leaders, Optimize Human Performance “Improving Situational Awareness through Intelligent Systems” 12 Oct 2015
- Merrihew John W, Veloxiti, Association of the US Army Huntsville AL AUSA’s Innovator’s Corner – Global Force Symposium 2016 Technology Focus Area: Human Performance Optimization “Decision-support software agent for the management of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR)” Warfighter Associate Project ATO-THINK 2010-2012 ARL HRED/ CERDEC 15 March 2016
- Merrihew John W, Veloxiti, 2016 Joint Meeting of the Military Sensing Symposia (MSS) Specialty Groups On National Symposium On Sensor And Data Fusion (NSSDF) “Improved Fusion Algorithm System”, The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD, 20 – 24 June 2016.
Vice President of Corporate Operations
With a strong background in management, finance, human resources, and operations, Beth has provided executive level strategic support for small government contractors in the Denver, Washington D.C., and Atlanta areas.Beth has over 13 years of experience in financial management, corporate accounting, contract analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and price proposals. She has extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and has successfully established and implemented sound financial systems contributing to the rapid growth of several small federal contracting companies. Beth has successfully negotiated and established approved indirect rates for these firms with their cognizant federal agencies, and has served as the Corporate Controller where she has successfully managed sales and contract profitability. Beth leads by example, and is one that rolls up her sleeves to get the job done by finding solutions to what keeps the CEO and other executive members up at night.Beth is a graduate of the University of Colorado with an MBA in Finance and Accounting from Regis University in Colorado. She has a unique ability to communicate and bring people together, and loves to accomplish what others say can’t be done.
DID YOU KNOW?
Beth lives in Roswell with her husband and college sweetheart, and their 15 year old son. In another life Beth’s dream was to be a counselor in private practice, until she realized how intriguing it is to work with numbers. Beth loves spending time with family and friends, and in her spare time can be found enjoying a nice Cabernet contemplating the meaning of life.